Senior Manager (Consultant)
Reports to: Vice President of Delivery Services
The Senior Manager (Consultant) at Peritius Consulting is a management consultant that delivers the strategic initiatives of our clients. Peritius’ competitive advantage in the industry is its ability to attain an advisory role within the client. Therefore, the ability to communicate to and advise C-level executives (or project sponsors) is an important part of our value. In this full-time role, the Senior Manager (Consultant) will be on site at the client a minimum of 4 days per week and available remotely the remaining parts of the work week. This role requires a willingness to commute to the suburbs in the Chicagoland area. Although Peritius has a local delivery model, outside travel may be necessary. The Senior Manager (Consultant) reports to the Vice President of Delivery Services. Below is a list of some of the competencies that will make you successful at Peritius.
- Must be able to quickly understand how the client does business and the importance of your project in order to become a “value add” consultant and help drive results. (You can’t get away with “I never worked in this industry before” for very long. It’s okay in the very beginning but they must see quickly that you are catching on, can ask valuable questions, and start making progress)
- Must be able to master different communication methods and styles and change quickly according to the customers’ needs in order to get things does efficiently. (You need to know when an email is just not going to cut it—setup a meeting or make a call.)
- Must never say “no” or “I can’t do that” to a request even if it is out of your area of expertise. Say something more positive, like “I will check in to that and get back to you.”
- Must always make your leads and sponsors look good in front of their peers and leaders, even if you need to take a hit for it. They will treat you like gold afterward.
- Must be able to demonstrate skill and experience instead of needing to recite your resume as a means to convey credentials
- Must be able to connect-the-dots without needing step-by-step instructions
- Must be able to plan, make a decision, and execute a course of action (As needed, adjust and re-direct with better/newer information)
- Must be able to handle conflict resolution and discern when escalation is not perceived as negative by the client
- Must be able to manage a large program or project from a tactical level and provide guidance where necessary to client sponsorship/leadership if needed.
- Must enjoy project, strategy, and/or tactical execution
- Must be willing to contribute to a fun, positive, and professional work environment
- Will collaborate with Peritius colleagues as much as possible
- Must be able to manage difficult people
- Must be able to “fake it ‘till you make it” and you better make it quick! (Clients don’t give second chances)
- Must be able to socialize and relate to people
- Must be willing and able to do what needs to be done and do it with a smile
- Must know how to motivate people
- Must like people
- Must be able to influence without authority
- Must be able to work in an environment where things are not always clear and then be able to provide clarity
- Must be able to convey excitement about even the most boring project or task
- Must have strong opinions but be smart enough to know when to change them
- Must be entrepreneurially inclined
- College degree (any major)
- PMP certification
Interested in a position with Peritius? Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line.